- Book chapter on micro-ROS published
- Vulcanexus includes micro-ROS
- micro-ROS Humble Hawksbill release
- micro-ROS fully supports ROS 2 features
- Micro-ROS at ROS World Workshop on Execution Management
- embeddedRTPS the new experimental middleware for micro-ROS
- micro-ROS at PX4 Development Summit 2021
- Microsoft Azure RTOS integrates micro-ROS
- Renesas and eProsima Simplify Development of Professional Robotics Applications on RA MCUs with micro-ROS Development Framework
- Timeout RMW & QoS in RCLC APIs
- All posts ...
micro-ROS at European Robotics Forum 2020
Mar 3, 2020 ralph-lange
The 11th edition of the European Robotics Forum (ERF) was held in Malaga, Spain from 3rd to 5th March 2020. The ERF is one of the most important events in the European robotics community and especially the place where almost all EU-funded robotics projects present their works.
All partners of the EU project behind micro-ROS together organized a booth to display our latest developments. Most important, we showed a demo with a Kobuki platform, a Crazyflie quadcopter, and an IoT sensor running three different RTOS (NuttX, FreeRTOS, and Zephyr) supported by micro-ROS. In the front right of the following photo, you can also see our demo box to illustrate the different boot times and power consumptions of microprocessors versus microcontrollers running ROS 2 and micro-ROS, respectively.
Our booth attracted a lot of interest: Many attendees visited us not only to talk about the demos and the status of micro-ROS, but also to discuss on the latest ROS 2 developments.
In the ERF workshop on “Overcoming the boundaries of today’s Robotics Software Engineering”, Ralph Lange from Bosch Corporate Research also had the possibility to provide a short update on micro-ROS.Share on: