- micro-ROS fully supports ROS 2 features
- Micro-ROS at ROS World Workshop on Execution Management
- embeddedRTPS the new experimental middleware for micro-ROS
- micro-ROS at PX4 Development Summit 2021
- Microsoft Azure RTOS integrates micro-ROS
- Renesas and eProsima Simplify Development of Professional Robotics Applications on RA MCUs with micro-ROS Development Framework
- Timeout RMW & QoS in RCLC APIs
- Handling memory messages Tutorial for micro-ROS
- micro-ROS Multithreading support
- micro-ROS at ROSCon France 2021
- All posts ...
embeddedRTPS the new experimental middleware for micro-ROS
Oct 10, 2021 Maria Merlan
Middleware implementations such as embeddedRTPS, bring the possibility of using RTPS communication layers on mid to high range MCU with networking capabilities.
Thanks to the layer to layer compatibility of micro-ROS with the ROS 2 architecture, testing those new middlewares is just a matter of writing a new RMW implementation. As well as making some porting adjustments due to the embedded nature of micro-ROS.
From the eProsima’s micro-ROS team we want to provide the same features to the official ROS 2 embedded solution.
So, we have created a basic rmw_embeddedrtps for micro-ROS, that, although it is not complete, allows the basic functionality of publishing, subscribing and using ROS 2 services. All of this using the well-known micro-ROS C99 API: rclc.
micro-ROS can be compiled either with Micro XRCE-DDS for low-mid MCUs or with embeddedRTPS for larger devices that are used in critical applications. So, the developer can easily choose the preferred middleware for any application.Share on: