- Book chapter on micro-ROS published
- Vulcanexus includes micro-ROS
- micro-ROS Humble Hawksbill release
- micro-ROS fully supports ROS 2 features
- Micro-ROS at ROS World Workshop on Execution Management
- embeddedRTPS the new experimental middleware for micro-ROS
- micro-ROS at PX4 Development Summit 2021
- Microsoft Azure RTOS integrates micro-ROS
- Renesas and eProsima Simplify Development of Professional Robotics Applications on RA MCUs with micro-ROS Development Framework
- Timeout RMW & QoS in RCLC APIs
- All posts ...
Microsoft Azure RTOS integrates micro-ROS
Sep 8, 2021 Maria Merlan
The micro-ROS framework has been fully integrated in Azure RTOS embedded development suite. This port (github repo) was done using a STMicroelectronics B-L475E-IOT01A.
This achievement brings the following benefits:
- To seamlessly integrate ROS 2 compatible nodes in Azure RTOS supported hardware.
- To have a full featured API with all ROS 2 concepts (such as publishers, subscribers, services or executors) in the far edge of the robotic application and integrated in the Azure RTOS build system.
- To integrate micro-ROS and ROS 2 applications taking advantage of the complete set of functionality of ThreadX kernel and the whole Azure RTOS ecosystem.
- To implement custom communication mechanisms between embedded platforms and ROS 2 using Azure RTOS APIs.
Check this video on “Getting started with micro-ROS and Azure RTOS using STMicroelectronics B-L475E-IOT01A” to get the insights and reproduce the integration of micro-ROS in any Azure RTOS supported HW.
Azure RTOS, developed by Microsoft in C, is an embedded development suite including an operating system that provides reliable, ultra-fast performance for resource-constrained devices. Azure RTOS supports the most popular 32-bit microcontrollers and embedded development tools.Share on: