- micro-ROS fully supports ROS 2 features
- Micro-ROS at ROS World Workshop on Execution Management
- embeddedRTPS the new experimental middleware for micro-ROS
- micro-ROS at PX4 Development Summit 2021
- Microsoft Azure RTOS integrates micro-ROS
- Renesas and eProsima Simplify Development of Professional Robotics Applications on RA MCUs with micro-ROS Development Framework
- Timeout RMW & QoS in RCLC APIs
- Handling memory messages Tutorial for micro-ROS
- micro-ROS Multithreading support
- micro-ROS at ROSCon France 2021
- All posts ...
micro-ROS at IoT Solutions World Congress
Oct 31, 2019 ralph-lange
The IoT Solutions World Congress (IOTSWC) is an annual fair and congress on IoT in Barcelona and has been established in 2015. With more than 300 exhibitors and more than 15000 visitors, IOTSWC calls itself the “largest IoT event in the world to get inspired with new ideas, solutions and people.”
This year, we – the OFERA EU project consortium behind micro-ROS – got the opportunity to present micro-ROS at the IOTSWC on a booth organized by our project partner FIWARE
FIWARE’s marketing team designed a six-page brochure (PDF) and a 4-minute explainer video (see above) on micro-ROS. In addition, FIWARE organized the whole booth design and construction. Yet, most important, they attracted thousands of visitors by the most beautiful exhibit on the fair: a 12m² LEGO city illustrating different IoT use-cases with tiny sensors, displays, and actuators.
The micro-ROS display was next to this LEGO city. Juan Flores and Ralph Lange, who did the booth service for micro-ROS during the three-day event, had their hands full. From the micro-ROS team, Bosch and eProsima had prepared a demo on micro-ROS with a Kobuki platform and a drone. One the first day, this demo was shown more than a hundred times.
About half of the visitors had never heard of ROS before. The fact that ROS and micro-ROS come under very permissive open-source licenses was appreciated explicitly by most of them. A number of visitors had already worked with ROS 1 and were eager to learn more about ROS 2 and micro-ROS. Yet, there were even visitors with hands-on experience with the micro-ROS stack.