- micro-ROS fully supports ROS 2 features
- Micro-ROS at ROS World Workshop on Execution Management
- embeddedRTPS the new experimental middleware for micro-ROS
- micro-ROS at PX4 Development Summit 2021
- Microsoft Azure RTOS integrates micro-ROS
- Renesas and eProsima Simplify Development of Professional Robotics Applications on RA MCUs with micro-ROS Development Framework
- Timeout RMW & QoS in RCLC APIs
- Handling memory messages Tutorial for micro-ROS
- micro-ROS Multithreading support
- micro-ROS at ROSCon France 2021
- All posts ...
Micro XRCE-DDS Agent now on snap!
Sep 23, 2020 francesca-finocchiaro
Snap is a package manager designed to bundle and handle applications and their dependencies on several Linux distros, among which Ubuntu.
The snap packaging of the Agent comes with two ways of running it: as a simple executable or by means of a Linux service.
The first implies the usage of the Agent’s built-in CLI, where you can specify the standard configuration parameters (such as transport, port…) directly, as follows:
micro-xrce-dds-agent <transport> <args>
The second launches the Agent as a Linux service running in the background; to do so, simply execute:
snap set micro-xrce-dds-agent daemon=true
In this case, instead of specifying the Agent’s launch parameters via the CLI, users can configure them thanks to the
snap services interface, using the
snap set micro-xrce-dds-agent <param>=<value> command. These parameters’ values are only valid when the
daemon option is set to
true, while they are ignored in
snap run mode.
To have a look at the full list of configurable parameters, click here.
Given the closeness of the two Agents libraries, a snap release of the micro-ROS Agent is just one step away!
Disclaimer: All logos and product names are property of their respective owners. All company names, logos and product names used in this website are for identification purposes only. Their use does not imply endorsement.Share on: