- Vulcanexus includes micro-ROS
- micro-ROS Humble Hawksbill release
- micro-ROS fully supports ROS 2 features
- Micro-ROS at ROS World Workshop on Execution Management
- embeddedRTPS the new experimental middleware for micro-ROS
- micro-ROS at PX4 Development Summit 2021
- Microsoft Azure RTOS integrates micro-ROS
- Renesas and eProsima Simplify Development of Professional Robotics Applications on RA MCUs with micro-ROS Development Framework
- Timeout RMW & QoS in RCLC APIs
- Handling memory messages Tutorial for micro-ROS
- All posts ...
micro-ROS Multithreading support
Jul 7, 2021 Maria Merlan
micro-ROS Foxy, Galactic and Rolling provides a new enhancement, the multithreading feature.
Multithreading allows the micro-ROS default middleware (Micro XRCE-DDS) to be thread safe. This way, micro-ROS nodes can run ROS 2 entities such as publishers, subscribers or services in different RTOS execution threads. As a result, micro-ROS will run in a multi threaded approach under specific circumstances, improving the performance, the usability and resource optimization.
The multithreading mechanism together with shared memory transport contribute to provide a highly flexible environment for deploying micro-ROS nodes with isolated functionality in different RTOS tasks or threads. As always, in a build-time configured way with no usage of dynamic memory.
→ To activate this new feature, just enable the Multithreading flag in your middleware configuration using your colcon.meta file.
These features are supported in Micro XRCE-DDS, the micro-ROS middleware implementation.Share on: