- Book chapter on micro-ROS published
- Vulcanexus includes micro-ROS
- micro-ROS Humble Hawksbill release
- micro-ROS fully supports ROS 2 features
- Micro-ROS at ROS World Workshop on Execution Management
- embeddedRTPS the new experimental middleware for micro-ROS
- micro-ROS at PX4 Development Summit 2021
- Microsoft Azure RTOS integrates micro-ROS
- Renesas and eProsima Simplify Development of Professional Robotics Applications on RA MCUs with micro-ROS Development Framework
- Timeout RMW & QoS in RCLC APIs
- All posts ...
micro-ROS at ROSCon France 2021
Jul 5, 2021 Maria Merlan
On June 23rd 2021, we presented micro-ROS at the ROSCOn France as invited speakers to contribute to the topic: micro-ROS: bringing ROS 2 to microcontrollers
This session was presented by several partners of this project. The main objectives of this session were to introduce the micro-ROS framework, its architecture and current maturity as well as the default middleware Micro XRCE-DDS.
First, Maria Merlan (eProsima) presented in detail a very clear and easy to follow introduction on how to bring ROS-2 to microcontrollers and the micro-ROS middleware architecture and the supported platforms.
Secondly, Jan Staschulat (Bosch) gave us precisions on the architecture and how to code with rclc.
Finally Pablo Garrido (eProsima) performed a live demonstration on “using micro-ROS with the ESP32 board”.
Source: ROSCon France 2021
The presentation was very well received. For example the ROSCon organizer Olivier Strasse said: “This chat was actually extremely lively and contribute to further improving participation by French roboticists in global open source robotics activities. All the participants of ROSCon Fr 2021 benefited from their participation.”
At the end, they had a public chat with numerous questions by the French robotics community. We are happy about having been participants in the ROSCon France 2021 and therefore contribute to further dissemination of the micro-ROS framework as well as to improve participation by French roboticists in global open source robotics activities.Share on: